– Charu Kriti
Secondary Education is the most significant stage in the educational hierarchy as it prepares the students for higher education and the world of work. The Education system in this country has gone through a lot of changes over the years. The standard of Education getting better and better these days just because of government is trying to encourage children with the help of various schemes that provide better facilities.
- Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan (SSA)- This program was introduced in 200q. The SSA is a flagship program for the children to get Universal Elementary Education. SSA is mainly useful for children between 6 to 14. It includes children from all social classes
- National Program For Education Of Girls at Elementary Education- This has been initiated to reach girls. This program was started in July 2003. This program provides extra support for improving the Education of girls. The main focus of this program is to break gender stereotypes and girls get good Education.
- Mid Day Meal Scheme- This plan was launched in 1995 to provide mid-day meals. The main aim of creating this scheme was to eliminate classroom hunger if children.
- Beti Padhao Beti Bachao- This scheme was initiated in 2015. The main objective of this program was initially to protect girls from foeticide.
- Scheme For Infrastructure Development In Minority Institutions- To improve the quality of education, the scheme has been started to improve the infrastructures in unaided/ aided schools. The plan objective to give places that have a minority population above 20 percent.