By Charu Kirti
While we all understand how crucial Education is to shape our lives, it has also been a major problem in our country. There are several issues that the Indian Education system is grappled with. We can’t deny the fact that the Indian government and institutions have been working to reform the existing Education model.
However, there are still several issues which are required to be taken care of:
- Rote learning: We still have not been able to move away from rote learning. Schools are changing the Education system at their level. Not everyone can afford the Education system that they offer. The government needs to take a step to eradicate rote learning.
- Evaluation system: Marks still continue to play the most important card in deciding the future of children. The pressure of marks often makes students underperform. The focus of evaluation should be classroom participation by a student, projects, communication and leadership skills, and extra- curriculum activities.
- Equal respect to all the subjects: Students are pushed to become a machine that only goes for high- profile subjects. Subjects like languages, communications, arts are looked down upon. Students should be pushed to pursue the subject that they like instead of creating a differentiation between subjects.
- Better training of educators: Teachers should be given the best of class training. They are shaping the future of the nation. They should be imparted their training in a way that can act as parents to the children.
- Introduction to technology: Students must be taught about technology right from the early years. Indian schools must embrace technology and Education with an open heart.
- Personalize Education: Teachers must have a keen eye on observing each student. Every student has a different learning capacity.
- Teach them the purpose of Education: Students must also be taught in-depth about the morals of life and inculcated humanistic values. They must be taught that life is beyond money and success is not measured in money.